Christchurch has a number of outstanding bird life habitats, not least the estuary next to the hotel. You can see a variety of birdlife including waders, herons and oyster catchers from the Upper Deck and The Jetty restaurants, and from the hotel grounds.
More serious twitchers should ask our reception team for a printed map showing the bird watching locations in the local area. We’ll equip you with a book on local bird life (where available), a set of binoculars, and on request, a luxury picnic and fold-up seats.
- Equipment use is complimentary
- Luxury picnic £20 per person
The fine print:
- All hotel equipment for experiences will be issued on a first come, first serve basis
- You will be asked to sign a checklist for any equipment you use
- All hotel equipment must be returned the same day in fairness to other guests
- Use of equipment is complimentary but if you damage or lose it, you may be charged a fee for repairs or a replacement at the hotel manager’s discretion
- Guests are responsible for making all of their own bookings with any third-party suppliers that we recommend. The Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for third party tours and supplies
- Guests are responsible for all of their own travel arrangements for our experiences, at their own cost
- Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for any injury caused during Harbour Hotels Experiences off the hotel grounds
- Additional terms and conditions may apply