The famous Camel Trail is an 18-mile path through beautiful Cornish countryside along a disused railway line between Wenfordbridge, Bodmin, Wadebridge and Padstow. It's traffic-free, well-surfaced, and virtually flat all the way - fantastic for walking and cycling. If the full trail is too long, you can break it up into three, more manageable 6-mile sections.
Along the way, there are excellent picnic areas for you to stop and enjoy the views. On request, we’ll pack you a luxury picnic in an easy-to-carry backpack. Pop-up food stalls and cafés can also be found along the way. Ask our reception team to print you a copy of our PDF guide, showing the different stretches and our recommended stopping-off points.
You can hire bikes in Padstow close to the start.
- 40 mins drive
- 30 mins - 3 hours
- A half-picnic in a backpack is £12 per person
The fine print:
- Guests are responsible for making all of their own bookings with any third-party suppliers that we recommend. The Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for third party tours and supplies
- Guests are responsible for all of their own travel arrangements, at their own cost
- All hotel equipment for experiences will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. However, guests who book directly with the hotel may reserve equipment up to 24 hours prior to arrival
- You will be asked to sign a checklist for any equipment you use
- All hotel equipment must be returned the same day in fairness to other guests
- Use of equipment is complimentary but if you damage or lose it, you may be charged a fee for repairs or a replacement at the hotel manager’s discretion
- Age and health restrictions may apply to this experience
- Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for any injury caused during this acitivity
- Additional terms and conditions may apply