We have put together our FAQs to help you make sense of all of the measures we are taking to minimise the risk of Covid-19 please click here
Please note: our processes and precautions will be under constant review, and this guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information. We will, of course, always comply with all government regulations - and more.
- What should I do if I think I have Covid-19 and have a visit booked? We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your visit.
- Will I have to wear a face covering in the hotel? In line with government guidance, it will be mandatory to wear a face coving when moving around our hotel public spaces. Your face covering can be removed only when seated in our public spaces and dining, when in your bedroom, in our pools or when using our outdoor spaces.
- What will Harbour do if they think a visitor has Covid-19 in the hotel? We have the right to refuse entry to the hotel and politely ask any guests or team members to leave who are showing signs of being unwell. We have thermometers at reception for guests who may feel concerned they are unwell. However we ask that if any visitor feels unwell that they postpone their visit and notify us.
- How do I check in to the hotel? Our warm welcome has changed very little, we have just made it safer, adding perspex screen, mapping out social distancing on the floor and completing any check-in administration where possible before you arrive to allow for a fast and reduced-contact experience. Please also note that we will only be accepting debit and credit cards for the foreseeable future, to avoid the handling of cash.
- How are Harbour Hotels ensuring social distancing is adhered to? All of our seating and spaces have been reconfigured where possible to ensure social distancing and adherence to a minimum of 1 meter.
- Will the Harbour team be able to assist me with my luggage on arrival and departure? We are always happy to help and will ensure we do so with your safety in mind, wiping down luggage before and after it has been moved and ensuring our team wash thier hands. If you need assistance please let us know in advance of your arrival.
- Is Harbour providing guests with additional sanitising facilities? Yes, we have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you and in all our bedrooms to use. We politely ask you use these when entering and moving around the hotel.
- Can I use the lifts during my visit? Yes you can. Signage has been put in place with guidance on usage of our lift. You are welcome to use the lifts and we’ll ensure they are regularly sanitised. We ask that they are occupied by only one person at a time, or your family group.
- What measures are in place to ensure each bedroom is fully sanitised between guest? Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival. Our housekeeping teams have received further health and safety training and will wear the appropriate PPE at all times.
- Will your spa be open and safe to use? Our spas including our pool areas and gym facilities are open. Treatments are available, but exclude any facials. We will have to limit the number of people in each area at one time to ensure social distancing is maintained. The spaces have been recondigured, sanitising stations, signage and additional cleaning will take place throughout the day and between use of equipment and treatment rooms.
- Can I still have a spa treatment? Yes, we are offering all treatments excluding those that include a facial. All treatments must be pre-booked. You will be sent a pre-arrival email detailing all you need to know before arriving at HarSPA.
- Are your restaurants open? Yes they are and we have extended our dining spaces, making use of our events rooms and outside terraces, so we can offer you the same dining experience with the added safety measures. When you stay with us you can dine in your room or in the designated dining areas. If you are not staying with us you can still dine with us. All that we ask is that you book your table in advance and provid your contact details for the NHS track and trace.
- Will your bars be open? To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will offer a full table service throughout the hotel’s bars, restaurants and lounges.
- How will you ensure social distancing is maintained in your public bathrooms? We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
- What measures have you put in place with your staff to minimise the spread of Covid-19? All of our hotel teams have undergone comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19. All staff will be temperature checked upon arrival for work, and will be required to self-certify that they have not been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 symptoms. Any staff member who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work. Internal regulations have been introduced that require our staff to wear the appropriate PPE during their shifts and to wash their hands frequently.
If you have a function with us please read our Safe Harbour procedures on these. Click here