If you’re visiting with kids, crabbing and rock pooling is a must. It’s a brilliant, family-friendly activity that gets you and the family out in the great outdoors, and helps encourage an appreciation for wildlife in our children. There are some excellent sites close to the hotel.
We’ll lend you crabbing lines, nets, buckets and even fold-up seats. Ask our reception team for some crabbing bait. On request, we’ll also pack you a luxury picnic of home-made goodies to take in a backpack.
We’ve created a map showing our recommended crabbing and rock pooling locations in the local area. Ask our reception team to print one off for you.
Check out this fun Telegraph guide to rock pooling before you go.
- Hotel equipment use is complimentary
- Crabbing and rock pooling are free activities
- Half-picnic (backpack) is £12 per person
The fine print:
- All hotel equipment for experiences will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. However, guests who book directly with the hotel may reserve equipment up to 24 hours prior to arrival
- You will be asked to sign a checklist for any equipment you use
- All hotel equipment must be returned the same day in fairness to other guests
- Use of equipment is complimentary but if you damage or lose it, you may be charged a fee for repairs or a replacement at the hotel manager’s discretion
- Guests are responsible for making all of their own bookings with any third-party suppliers that we recommend. The Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for third party tours and supplies
- Guests are responsible for all of their own travel arrangements for our experiences, at their own cost
- Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for any injury caused during Harbour Hotels Experiences off the hotel grounds