Learn the art of gin distilling – an authentic, local Devon tradition - at the excellent Salcombe Distillery & Gin School a 10-minute drive or 30-minute walk from the hotel. During your ‘gin lesson’, you’ll get to make your very own personalised bottle of 70cl gin in the laboratory, whilst learning about the traditional techniques. At the end of the lesson, you'll head to the distillery bar to sample your new gin with tonics and garnishes, whilst enjoying the view.
If you don't want to do the lesson, you can instead sign up for a tutored talk, tasting, and tour of the production facilities.
- Gin lessons and tours available all year round, but days vary within months
- Lessons cost £110 per person, or £160 for two
- Book ahead on their website – they are often booked up in advance
The fine print:
- Guests are responsible for making all of their own bookings with any third-party suppliers that we recommend. Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for third party tours and supplies
- Guests are responsible for all of their own travel arrangements, at their own cost
- Age and health restrictions may apply to this experience
- Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for any injury caused during activities off the hotel grounds
- Additional terms and conditions may apply