There’s nothing like a cycle ride to relax after a hard week’s work, to get some exercise, and to reconnect with nature.
The New Forest offers some of the most beautiful and picturesque scenery in England, a patchwork of old forest, heathland, grasslands and quaint villages. There’s no better way to see it and explore it than by bike. There are some great bikes ride, ranging from a very pleasant 30 mins to a half-day adventure. There are also some great bike rides around Christchurch itself.
Ask our reception team for a printed map showing the locations and descriptions of our recommended cycle rides, and where to hire bikes if needed - the hotel has bikes you can use for cycle rides near the hotel. On request, we’ll pack you a luxury picnic in an easy-to-carry backpack.
- 25 mins drive to the New Forest
- 30 mins - 3 hours
- Bike hire charges vary by supplier, but usually costs £5-£10 per day
- Full picnic (basket) £25 per person, half-picnic (backpack) £12 per person
The fine print:
- Advanced booking may be required for cycle hire and is strongly recommended
- Guests are responsible for making all of their own bookings with any third-party suppliers that we recommend. The Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for third party tours and supplies
- Guests are responsible for all of their own travel arrangements for our experiences, at their own cost
- All hotel equipment for experiences will be issued on a first come, first served basis
- You will be asked to sign a checklist for any equipment you use
- All hotel equipment must be returned the same day in fairness to other guests
- Use of equipment is complimentary but if you damage or lose it, you may be charged a fee for repairs or a replacement at the hotel manager’s discretion
- Age and health restrictions may apply to this experience
- Harbour Hotels accepts no liability for any injury caused during Harbour Hotels Experiences off the hotel grounds
- Additional terms and conditions may apply